For those holiday party hosts, in order to get the most use of your table here are a few tips:
- "Layering"- this is a key element. If using a table cloth set heavy, non-sliding books underneath your tale cloth. This will allow guests to access those appetizers with ease. If you decide to show off your gorgeous dining table, instead of using books you can achieve a similar look using square clear glass hurricanes, but be sure to put a little decorative accent inside for color(small round ornaments are great).
- Candles-Lighting is one of the most important factor. There is no comparison to the warm soft glow candles offer. Just be sure placement does not interfere with the platters. Candle sticks, votives and pillars on plates are excellent to create interest.
- Accessories-Driftwood, ornaments, and garland are a few additions that help add character to your table. They help set the tone for the occasion by reflecting the glow of the candle light. Just be sure placement of these do not interfere with candles or detract from the main focus which of course is the food.
- Stands, Platters, Dishes-There are endless options for serving pieces, multi level platters, and cake stands are wonderful multi-purpose pieces. Center a gourmet cheese ball spread on a cake platter for spreading on baguette, all while having a holiday ceviche on surrounding spoons. A trifle dish is perfect for those holiday snacks, candies for a splash of color, or simply fill with baguette for the meats and cheeses.
- Don't forget the plates-While finger food is perfectly ideal, it is crucial to have napkins or small plates for your guests. This will help assure guests don't over crowd the table, as well as allowing them to carry their drink and apps while circulating your amazing home.